Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. Thus, you can decide what you want, based on whether you desire to run a website, email box accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by particular companies, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting packages are often supported by displaying adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between independent sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different website hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a type of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a big number of pics with mates or associates since the solution is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your mail aliases. Some providers provide website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you wish to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to administer as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a web site. To some degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and emails, upload videos, etc. At Premium Hosting Web Service, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for specific content solely.